It's Beginning To Look a Lot Like Christmas...

I got some more Christmas decorating done this weekend!  The kitchen has been calling my name since last weekend (when I intended to get it done) but I had a few things I wanted to do.  Last Christmas, I was short a strand of garland of poinsettias - not a huge deal, but since I knew I was short, I made sure to pick up a strand of them on Black Friday.  

Then there were these wreaths.  I knew I wanted a little something "extra" in the kitchen.  I saw some wreaths hanging on ribbon on a pinterest, and that was my intent...and I probably will  do that...when I get some more command adhesive strips! So for now, because I wanted to show them, here they are on the knobs.  And I actually like how they look, but they'll drive The Builder insane having to take them off and on every time he wants to open a cabinet.  I can't have that.  I'm loving the poinsettia.  The black and white goes really well with my kitchen.  I am thinking about adding a little red garland to this, but we'll see.  I think next time I take a photo that our cereal dispenser is in, I'll make sure it's full too, lol.

Poinsettia garland also went up on the candelabra.  This is one of the new bows I posted about on Facebook as well.  I bought a bow maker years ago and went crazy making bows for the holidays...because I could.  And I've been using them over and over ever since.  But apparently you can only re-fluff them so many times before they just don't look right anymore.  Oops.  Last year I didn't even put them out.  Ironically, I buy new ribbon every year with the intent of updating the bows, so I had quite the stockpile when I sat down this afternoon!  The room you see behind the window is the sun room.  We have a major makeover planned in the spring so that we can use the space (the dog tore all the screens and they have to be replaced first) but next year, I plan to extend Christmas decorating there as well.  Is it bad that I'm planning it already....

Here's a close up of the bow.  This is the same ribbon I plan to hang the small wreaths on.  I absolutely love polka dots.  Love them!  And the colors go perfectly in my kitchen.  I thought the bow added a little more to the garland.  I'm definitely a "more is more" type of girl when it comes to Christmas!  Apparently some people see that as too commercial.  But I LOVE Christmas.  And if I can fill every room with the spirit of Christmas, then that's what I'll do!!  Every year I buy or make a few more things for Christmas.  I have boxes and boxes of Christmas decor.  They make me smile looking at them all year, anticipating putting them up.  Yes, I'm the crazy Christmas woman, lol...

My bistro area.  Some more poinsettia garland.  I love how this looks in here.  I didn't have the wrought iron curtain rod last year that curved around the bay window (The Builder put it up in the spring for me!) and the garland was difficult to hang last year.  Command adhesive strips work great on walls that are fairly smooth.  My aren't even close to being smooth (side note, I seriously hate heavy texture and if I ever buy this house, I plan to knock down after last piece of texture one wall at a time!!) so the hooks don't stay up well.  You can see one of the nutcrackers I painted black last year.  I see that Target has a great set of white nutcrackers available this year.  Clearly they pay attention to Pinterest too and how popular these were last year!  I'm very happy with my black ones.  I have several of these all over my kitchen.  With my white cabinets and neutral colored counter tops, I don't think white would look as good.



Finally, here's a close up of one of one of the black nutcrackers.  This is the medium sized one.  I also have a larger one in the corner of the kitchen and two small ones on the bakers rack.  I'm not 100% happy with how they're placed at the moment so I'll be moving them around the kitchen until they're jusssst right.  I'll post more photo's once I determine where they really need to be.

Still up to complete for decorating is my entry way and dining room. There are a few things up in the dining room, but nothing worth posting about yet. The powder room also got a Christmas update but I haven't had time to get photo's yet.  Maybe tomorrow!

No comments