Bathroom Update

I realized tonight I haven't posted any updated photo's. Probably because it's not done and I've reached the point where I'm really ready for this to be done. 

But it's coming along nicely!  I'm waiting for the 30 days to be up to seal the tile.  I didn't put up the shower curtain because my boys would be tempted to use the shower, thus getting water all over my unsealed tile. Not happening. 

The smaller vanity makes this bathroom seem SO much larger!  We've decided to build a 36" vanity to keep the open feel.  We could put up to a 48" in, but it leaves little room for the laundry hamper.  I like having a laundry hamper in the bathroom so I can pretend my kids can easily pick up their clothes and toss them in the hamper. 

You can sort of see the new shower head, faucet, and handle.  Brushed nickle, so pretty!
Here's the vanity installed.

Yes, it's small.

That's not a bad thing!

For now it serves the purpose of teeth brushing and hand washing. As I mentioned previously, it will be going downstairs in the powder room when we're done in here, so the small size works. 

The new light fixture is installed, as well as a new light switch cover and a double plug outlet.  We did this specifically for our daughter and her many curling irons and hair appliances.  We're nice that way...

I still want to paint that tub.  Against the white tile and white toilet (which also got a new seat and cover) the tub does not look white.  We bought new baseboards as well, so those still need to be installed.

But it's all coming along nicely!

No comments