Saturday, October 22, 2016

The Dresser is DONE!

So yes, the dresser is done.  It's been done for a couple of weeks, but I had moved on to other things in the room. Oops. 

One thing I'm learning about my sons' room?  He has TERRIBLE lighting!  I've taken photo's with my very good Nikon and my cell phone and there's almost no difference in the quality, due to the poor lighting. Very frustrating. Needless to say, updating his lighting is on my to do list for this room.

So just a quick reminder of what this dresser looked like when I started:


Yeah, I didn't take photo's of the front of the dresser before. But this is the worst of the damage and the primary reason I wanted to rehab this piece.

Here are some after photo's!


So the above photo is...dark. And grainy. Ugh. The drawers are not really that dark, and the fronts came out exactly as I was hoping they would.

And...also not a good photo.  Over exposure on the bottom. Also, the drawers here are honey colored and shiny - not what they look like in person. Once I get the lighting situation resolved, I'll take another photo of it in the completed room.

Speaking of the completed room, I've been working a LOT on the room itself. The hole behind his door is patched, textured, and primed. His room as been repainted. But his closet is the biggest project that is getting closer to completion. There was a lot more work than I anticipated, but I think it will be worth it when I'm done. 

More to come...