Master Bedroom Take 2

Here are some more quick updates.  I'm not 100% happy with the chest of drawers yet.  It looks very...bare.  And while I tend to think less is more, in this case, it just isn't.  I added my favorite vase back in, and my 3-wick candle, but it's not right.  I do really like how the artwork looks.  Anyone who knows me knows I have a thing with "E"s.  The floral print represents me, the guitar is my husband.  He really loved these pieces when I brought them home.  I've never put up guitar artwork in our master bedroom before.  I'd never really thought about it before, but when I found this one, it matched the color scheme in our bedroom so well, I knew I had to make it work.  But that chest of drawers. UGH!  I need to give that some more thought.
Our master bath.  I wasn't sure what direction to take with the master bath.  There is no door separating the bedroom from the bathroom, and the colors carry through.  I like that.  However my bedroom furniture is all black, and as you can see, the vanity's are white.  I wanted to put a little more continuity between the two rooms.  I found these tiles at Garden Ridge.  The E was clearance!!  $1.99 for the E.  The other tiles were $3.99 each.  I debated back and forth about putting them a little lower on the wall.  However, that's my jewelry box in the center, and I didn't want the lid, which flips up, hitting the tiles constantly.  So I opted to place them just above where it opens to.  I picked an "M" out for my husband, and again, he really liked it.   While I have always had a thing about E's (we have them scattered about the house like the hidden Mickey's at Disneyland!!) the M has never been a big deal to him.  But he really like this, so I'm happy that he's happy!
Can you stand one more picture of my beautiful nightstands?!  Just for humor's sake, I took photo's of what the sides of our bed looked like while he was finishing up the nightstands last weekend.  The photo to the far left is my side of the bed (yep, I sleep on the right, but just realized I put the photo on the left...sorry).  Notice my leaning box, very evident with the lamp that looks like it's about to fall off.  And where I charge my iPad at night (the phone rests on the box at night to be charge too).  The inside of my box is where I store my magazines.  I'm going to pick up some baskets soon, so they'll be stored on that bottom shelf of the nightstand, easily accessible!   The other picture is my husband's side of the bed.  Yikes!!!  There is quite the assortment of miscellaneous junk.  Now I won't lie:  the box that you see is now tucked next to my TV (which you'll notice I'm not posting any photo's of - that wall is completely undecorated and has 'stuff' that shouldn't be there, taking up space...like Christmas wrapping paper, ugh!) so there's still a little more to do in here.  But my amazing hubby is now going to build a console table for our TV, which will allow me to house my small collection of DVD's (currently stacked on our makeshift TV stand) and our TV components neatly and more importantly, out of sight!!  But the console and that wall with be another post altogether!

1 comment