It's truly amazing how quickly a project can progress when there are no unexpected surprises. Just a few days ago, we had happily dropped in the tub. It wasn't level, the plumbing wasn't attached, and we still have drywall to replace and repair. But I was happy to see the tub in. It was a start.
Today, not only is my tub in, level, and the plumbing hooked up, but The Builder managed to get most of the tile surround in! Here's a few photo's of the progress today:
The Builder took out the drywall and replace it with Durock (cement board) all the way around. This should really be used anyplace that's going to be near water. There's no piping for a shower here, so we didn't do the additional step of waterproofing it, but the Durock is better than standard drywall
I didn't get a picture of plumbing connected. I'm not sure it would really be an interesting photo anyway, it's pretty standard. But now everything is covered and today. You can see how far up the old tile came. The new tile won't come up quite so high. After this photo, The Builder put backarod in the gap before he started tiling.
This is the same tile we used in the shower. I don't like the look of too many different materials and patterns in one space so using the same tile gives it a more cohesive finish.
As you can see, there is still some drywall repair work to do before we can paint. We'll use the same grout we did in the shower. I can't wait to cover up the pink studs with the skirting, but unfortunately that's still some time off
Yes very pleased with the progress made this week!